Job ref: WD _2187
This position involves custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. You will experience the freedom of building custom web sites using your own leadership and programming skills, using magneto Open Source and other hosted platforms.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
Web developer duties can vary depending upon the type of organization worked for and the technical level of the website, but can include:
- Plan, create and code web pages, using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites that fit the company's requirements.
- Responsible for writing the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing websites software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- Responsible for design, layout and coding of different websites, he/she will be involved with the technical and graphical aspects of websites - how the sites work and how they will look. He/she will be responsible for the maintenance and update of these websites.
- Designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it is in line with company branding policy; proofreading content and grammar and making changes where necessary; editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages.
- Test websites and identify any technical problems.
- Add/develop/amend different functionalities of a website based on company requirement.
- A core responsibly is the understanding and proficiency in integration of payment gateways APIs, and other APIs e.g. media player APIs, Shipping Api, accounting APIs, installation of SSL.
- Testing the website to ensure it is working; post-sales technical support.
- Researching current design trends; continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
- Upload the sites onto a server and register it with different search engines.
- Responsible for hosting server structure/server maintenance/page speed, including finding ways to troubleshoot different occurring issues. Manage the downtime to minimum or nill.
A web developer should:
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..).
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Have skills in software programming and graphics
- Have creativity and imagination
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
- Have a degree-level education, often with relevant work experience and vocational skills. A range of qualifications are available that provide a good grounding in web design, interactive design, graphic design and internet technology.
- Design and creation of relational database schemas.
- Design, create and SQL Server T-SQL development program SQL Server databases per project needs.
Interested applicants should send their Resume, credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref: WD _2187 in email subject
Job ref: WD _2352
A web designer creates the look & feel, layout and features of a website using magneto Open Source and other hosted platforms. The job involves understanding both graphic design and computer programming. Once a website is created, a designer helps with maintenance and additions to the website, keeping the site up-to-date and prioritizing needs, among other tasks.
Designs and constructs web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques. Maintains and provides ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials.
Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash; developing interactive design; commissioning illustrators and photographers;
Web Designer Requirements
- Proven Web Design experience.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating site maps.
- Proficiency in InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash; developing interactive design; or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Multimedia design, Digital imaging. Programming and technology.
- A bachelor's degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred.
Interested applicants should send their Resume, credentials to: email@example.com, quoting ref: WD _2352 in email subject